Titilade joined LeLaw as an Associate in January 2016. She obtained her Second Class Upper Honours LLB degree from Babcock University, Ilishan Remo, in 2013 and was called to the Nigerian Bar in November 2014. She is an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (ACIArb, 2013) and a student member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSAN), with slated completion timeline of June 2019. Contemporaneously with her LLB, Titilade also obtained a Second Class Upper Diploma in Security Studies from Babcock University, in 2013.
Titilade’s legal career involved undergraduate internships at Olujinmi & Akeredolu (Ibadan), and Afam Osigwe & Co. (Abuja). She undertook her NYSC programme with an Abuja based commercial law firm. These opportunities exposed her to company secretarial services and diverse aspects of corporate/ commercial practice on different transactions and participation in civil litigation.
Her interest is in company secretarial services and corporate law practice. At LeLaw, she has provided the full range company secretarial services to clients in the financial services industry (FSI) and the educational sector. She has also worked on various commercial transactions requiring provision of legal opinions on business issues, drafting, review and providing negotiation support on agreements to diverse sectoral clients, etc.
She has shown deep interest in the entertainment and media industry, having authored several works in intellectual property, blogging, social media and fashion.
Titilade’s 2012 LLB thesis at Babcock University was on ‘Corruption as a Bane of the Perennial Oil Subsidy Problem in Nigeria’. Her published articles at LeLaw include:
- ‘Legal Implications of Social Media Advertisements/Publications’ (March 2019);
- ‘Alignments: Directors’ Corporate Governance Responsibilities In Nigerian Companies’ (March 2019);
- ‘Understanding Winding-up in Nigeria: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)’ (November 2018);
- ‘Attentions: Auditor Independence and Sound Financial Reporting in Nigeria’ (October 2018);
- ‘Keeping Your Hiring Practices Legal’: Employment & Employment Issues FAQs in Nigeria’ (co-written, July 2018);
- ‘Introspections: Legal Realities of Blogging in Nigeria’ (November 2017);
- ‘Imperatives: Contract Drafting and Negotiation Support in the Creative industry’ (October 2017);
- ‘Increasing Brand Optimality in the Fashion Industry: Commercial and Legal Issues’ (September 2017);
- ‘Export Sales Contract: Keeping an Eye on the Essentials’ (originally published in ThisDay Lawyer 13.12. 2016, p. 42).
Titi enjoys athletics, legal research and travelling.