Omoh is a commercial lawyer passionately interested in legal research and dispute resolution. Prior to interning at LeLaw Barristers & Solicitors between June – October 2016, he had obtained his LLB from Benson Idahosa University (BIU), Benin City, graduating in Second Class Upper Honours Division. He was called to the Nigerian Bar in December 2017 after completing his professional training programme at the Nigerian Law School (Lagos Campus).
As an undergraduate, Omoh participated in moot trials, being an active member of BIU’s Law Faculty advocacy team. Omoh was also one of the BIU research assistants to Dr. (Mrs) Theresa Akpoghome and Mr. Theophilus Nwano in respect of the 2nd edition of their book, ‘Contemporary Nigerian Law of Contract’ published by Mocity Press in 2016.
At LeLaw, Omoh is a core member of the litigation team. Recently he has been involved with preparing a customer-banker dispute for litigation after settlement efforts with the bank failed; representing two members of a leading Nigerian conglomerate in different litigation relating to real estate and franchising. He has conducted several land searches and investigation of title for corporate bodies and HNIs in Nigeria. He represented an international restaurant chain in Nigeria in the interface with Lagos State Government agencies pertaining to licensing and public health. He has drafted and reviewed various legal agreements for high profile clients across several sectors such as education, FSI, real estate, hospitality and energy. He was also part of the team that developed a comprehensive compliance matrix framework for insurance companies and other corporate bodies in Nigeria.
Omoh’s BIU 2016 LLB thesis was on ‘A Critical Appraisal of the War Against Corruption in Nigeria.’ He joined the firm as an Associate in December 2018 after completing his NYSC programme also at LeLaw. Since joining LeLaw, his publications includes:
- Corporate Governance Implications of Judicial Interpretation of ‘Public Interest Entities in Eko Hotel Limited v. FRCN FHC/L/CS/1430/2012 (July 2019) Co-Written
- ‘Noised Abroad: The Legal Regulatory Dynamics of Advertisements’ (March 2019)
- ‘Banking Services for All’: Legal Imperatives in Driving Financial Inclusion in Nigeria’ (February 2019);
- ‘For The Good of The Game: Commercial, Legal, & Regulatory Issues In Nigerian Football’ (co-written, August 2018);
- ‘All You Can Eat – Legal Regulatory Compliance Requirements for Restaurant Operators in Nigeria’ (August 2018); and
- ‘Evaluations: Closing Regulatory Gaps in Security of Electronic Banking Transactions in Nigeria’ (June 2018).